From an article from Foxnews.com: “As Obama Holds Jobs Summit, Frustrated Left Complains About Slow Growth”
these appalling thoughts:
1. “Obama sought fresh ideas from the 130 corporate executives, small business owners and labor leaders who attended the jobs forum. The president said the leading question of the day is ‘how do we get businesses to start hiring again.’ — WHY NOT ASK THE WORKERS, THE VAST POOL OF TALENT OUT THERE WHO MIGHT HAVE SOME IDEAS ABOUT WHAT WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE.
My thoughts on this — a little too little too late, from a very disappointing leader who is clueless as to real Americans. I am appalled at the administration’s handling of our lives and livelihoods. We need to do it ourselves. HIRE PEOPLE! CREATE WORK! Those of you with money. NOW!
2. Those lawmakers (aka our elected representatives afraid of losing their jobs), including members of the Congressional Black Caucus, are beginning to voice their complaints about the administration’s pace of efforts tackling the unemployment rate. The CBC, in particular, says Obama officials have not done enough to address the severe economic problems in the black community.
IT’S NOT JUST THE BLACK COMMUNITY, OR ANY COMMUNITY [SAVE FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO APPEAR TO BE WORKING]–IT’S EVERYONE! IT’S AMERICANS! But again, we make it about race. Another disappointment from such an impassioned and supposedly innovative thinker, about a year ago was it?
3. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-CA: “Today, we are here to reaffirm our commitment to be forceful advocates for the voiceless, and insist that all of the resources of the government, whether they be through financial assistance programs or federal contracting, exhibit a basic fairness and equality that historically has not existed,” Waters said in a written statement.
YES, BUT WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE? I WOULD SAY THE CHRONICALLY UNEMPLOYED, UNDEREMPLOYED, PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO HAVE STRUGGLED THIS YEAR JUST TO PAY RENT. PEOPLE WITH SKILLS WHO WANT TO WORK WHO CAN’T FIND A JOB. WHAT RESOURCES OF THE GOVERNMENT, BY THE WAY? AREN’T WE HEADED FOR THE WORST DEFICIT EVER — NO MORE STIMULUS. JUST GIVE US INCENTIVES TO START OUR OWN BUSINESSES, CREATE OUR OWN WAY, LEAVE ‘THE MAN’ (WHO PROMISED ‘CHANGE’?) OUT OF IT. HE HAS ALREADY HAD HIS HEAD IN THE SAND BY NOT FOCUSING ON JOBS SOONER. THIS WAS CLEAR TO ME, SOMEONE OUR PRESIDENT WOULDN’T EVEN ‘CONSULT’ (I SHOULD BE ON THE THINK TANK FOR HOW TO GET PEOPLE WORKING, SINCE ALL I SEEM TO DO IS SEARCH FOR WORK AND SURVIVE ON VERY LITTLE OF IT.)
4.”I don’t think there is a moment to lose. I think we have to move aggressively toward policies that actually promote jobs. And so far what’s been tried hasn’t worked very well,” said Lawrence Lindsey, a top economic adviser early in the administration of President George W. Bush. Lindsey was also in attendance at the administration event.
DUH. WE THE PEOPLE WERE SAYING THIS MONTHS AGO AND NOW WE HAVE CHRISTMAS TO LOOK FORWARD TO AND THAT BRAINRESERVE TREND-SPEAK OF ‘FRUGAL COCOONING.’ IT’S CALLED SURVIVAL ANY WAY YOU CAN, MS. POPCORN.
5. Douglas Holtz-Eakin, a former head of the Congressional Budget Office who had been 2008 Republican nominee Sen. John McCain’s chief economic adviser, said that the single best thing Obama could do to create jobs was “to reverse course on a dangerous agenda of debt-financed spending, crippling regulation, expensive mandates, and intrusive government expansion.”
WELL, YES, BUT ALSO, ONCE AGAIN, GIVE INCENTIVES TO PEOPLE TO HIRE, START BUSINESSES AND FILL THE NICHES OUT THERE–IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT A COUNTRY’S WEALTH IS DETERMINED BY HOW WELL IT MANAGES ITS BRAIN TRUST AND DEVELOPS TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES. LOOK AT INDIA. NOW WE EVEN OUTSOURCE THE READING OF X-RAYS TO DOCTORS THERE. TALK ABOUT BEDSIDE MANNER.
WELL, WE WERE THAT COUNTRY ONCE — WE WERE BUILT ON GREATNESS, A BRAVADO OF SORTS, FIRST AND FOREMOST IN THE MYTHOLOGY-FREEDOM, BUT ALWAYS AT THE CORE, PURE CAPITALIST PROFIT [“…AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS…” WHICH HAS TO BE BOUGHT MORE AND MORE EACH YEAR.] WE COULD BE THAT COUNTRY AGAIN, BUT FOR SOME REASON, ALL I SEE IS THE PEOPLE WITH MEANS DOING NOTHING, HOLDING ONTO TO THEIR ‘ASSETS,’ KVETCHING ABOUT PONZI SCHEMES AS THE BACKBREAKING WORK DONE BY OTHERS TO GET THEM THERE EVAPORATES — SO IT’S A MATTER OR WHICH BILL TO BE LATE ON THIS MONTH, AND HOLD YOUR BREATH. THAT’S NO WAY TO LIVE. NOT IN A COUNTRY WHERE WE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER. BUT WE SPEND MORE OF OUR RESOURCES ON WAR THAN ANYTHING ELSE. OH, AND THAT OIL PIPELINE IN IRAQ.
6. And Republican leader Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the House, was hosting his own job forum, called “The Real Jobs Summit,” in Mississippi, just one day after he held one in Ohio.
NOW THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO SEE — A ‘REAL JOBS SUMMIT.’ THAT’S WHAT IS NEEDED. REAL JOBS, REBUILD OUR ECONOMY FROM THE GROUND UP.
Okay, so now I need an SBA loan to start a business to make quality multimedia content (the kind that gives people ideas, that generates momentum, that shares information that can be used for the betterment of our silly, silly humankind, our folly is nonsensical in this time an space when we can see through space but we can’t find a way to get all the food that is grown and thrown out to hungry people around the world. We can’t figure out a way to update our power grid, but, hey we gave a big award to the engineer who developed the ‘powerpack’ for soldiers — they need it, I know, but our priorities are wacked) and create a collective to employ people, a diverse and underutilized talent pool struggling to breathe right now, those people who bring you your cheap entertainment. That’s what I’m thinking, today anyway.